- Meals: breakfast and lunch
- Walk time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Emergency equipment always available
* All detailed information will be communicated at the time of reservation
Mountain of Colors Cusco, also denominated like mountain of 7 colors or mountain rainbow. It is an impressive geological formation in millions of years, thanks to its mineral wealth, has different colors that resemble the rainbow. This natural wonder is located at 5,200 m.s., in the Andean mountain range; located south of Cusco, Cusipata district, province of Quispicanchis, department of Cusco, next to the highest mountain in the region (Ausangate 6,384 meters / 20,944 feet)
Today, Mountain of Colors Cusco, is one of the famous 1-day hiking alternatives. It is recommended for nature lovers and those who wish to explore part of the Andes of Cusco. The tour starts and finishes in the city of Cusco from 4:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
If you are thinking of exploring the mountain of 7 colors, join the expert team. You will not regret it, you will have a pleasant, guaranteed and personalized trip.
To start the 1-day rainbow mountain tour, our tour guide and mobility will pass through your hotel in Cusco. Then, make a trip of 1.5 hours to the town of Cusipata where you will enjoy an energetic breakfast; continue your trip for 1 hour to Phullawasi – Chillwani community and start the trek count up until you reach the colorful mountain Cusco. While climbing with your professional leader, enjoy beautiful landscapes and see also the South American camelids and other high Andean animals in their natural habitat.
From the mountain viewpoint of 7 colors, enjoy a complete compendium of the beauty of the landscape. Also appreciate the fifth highest mountain in Peru (Ausangate) and take excellent photographs.
After marveling, start to return through the red valley to the bus station. Then, enjoy a rewarding lunch and later return to Cusco.
Includes / Not Included
- Tourist mobility round trip
- Entrance to the Ausangate National Park
- Expert professional guide in hiking
- First aid medication
- Light breakfast
- All the tour in Group service or private service (exclusive)
- Horses, if you wish you can rent in the same place (optional)
- Feeding not mentioned in inclusions
- Personal articles
- Tips (optional)
- To do this tour, you must be in Cusco at least 2 days before to acclimatize.
- Before going to mountain of 7 colors, take short walks around Cusco to better adapt to the weather or you can hire short tours. City tour, Sacred Valley, Salineras de Maras – Moray – Chinchero, south valley or you can also visit Machu Picchu.
- You must drink coca tea that will help you adapt better to the weather
- Wear suitable clothing for hiking (trek shoes, thermal clothing, etc.)